Amber and sifted through a box full of old photos. What we found amazed me. I mean, look at this picture. So many details of this moment flood my mind, facts, opinions, smells, sights, circumstances that our family was faced with during this time of our lives. These pics were taken while we were on vacation in the Smokey Mountains, Tennessee. Amber was in 2nd grade in Mr. Young's class, Nic was in first grade in Mrs. Gladwell's class and Hannah and Grace were both in Ms. Janis' age 3 & 4 year old Preschool class. I was teaching a fourth grade class of 24 super students. So, these are the beginning thoughts that sparked my interest and decisions to take some time and think about Motherhood.
Here are a few quotes on that subject :)...
- In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you. - Leo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910)
- The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill
- I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only love. -Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)
- A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. - Agatha Christie (1890 - 1976)
- By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life...~ 2 Peter 1:3
- The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children. - Elain Heffner
- Motherly love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. - M. C. Garretty
- Sooner or later we all quote our own mothers. - Bern Williams
- Genius is Childhood recaptured. - Bauldaire